Yes, it is true......we bid exterior repairs online. No waiting on estimators to come to you. Not sure how to measure or take the correct pictures that our estimators need? This post will show you what we are looking for. When taking photos keep these things in mind:
- Should the pictures be closed up? Detailed, close up pictures are good, but only tell us what the panel looks like such as the grain pattern.
- Should I take pictures at a distance? Farr away pictures (we call them perspective pictures), give us perspective. These photos should be taken with the idea that if an estimator were in your yard, it would be their field of view. Usually a landscape image of the sides, back or front of the house.
- Should I try to measure distance or sq ft? Measurements are always welcome. If you have a vinyl siding panel that needs to be replaced, we like to see a picture with a tape measure on the panel showing us the size of the panel, and the location or distance of the dutch lap (if there is one).
- Do I round my measurement? When measuring ln ft or sq ft, don't measure to the inch or less. We will always measure to the full ft such as 15' 5-1/2" would be 16'.
- How many pictures should I send? Our online form will allow for up to 10 pictures, with a min of 1. Once you submit your pictures, you will receive a confirmation email which you will be able to reply to with more pictures. With the ease of camera's and the internet it is just as easy to send 100 pictures (probably over kill), as it is to send 1. We say send as many as you can.
View the pictures below to see samples of what we look for.